- Ref: 9274
- Sleeps: 6 (3 Bedrooms)
This gorgeous two story gîte has been updated to a high standard throughout but still contains its rustic charm. Inside you'll find three double bedrooms tastefully decorated, two doubles on the first floor and one bedroom with 2 single beds on the ground floor, one bathroom, a downstairs shower room and good-sized living accommodation, including kitchen diner and separate lounge.
Outside, this gîte comes equipped with its own terrace and barbecue area, ideal for outdoor dining. This gîte has a wood burner for the cooler months so perfect all year round.
Please note that as we do live in a gorgeous rural setting, we currently have a limited phone signal. However, WIFI is available throughout the gardens but not in the gîte.
Rental rates are for the entire property.
|Description||From||To||Weekly||Week Night||Weekend Night||Minimum Stay|
|Low Season||28 Mar 20||02 May 20||€600||€86||€86||2 Nights|
|Mid Season||02 May 20||04 Jul 20||€800||€115||€115||2 Nights|
|High Season||04 Jul 20||05 Sep 20||€1100||€158||€158||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||05 Sep 20||03 Oct 20||€800||€115||€115||2 Nights|
|Low Season||03 Oct 20||01 May 21||€600||€86||€86||2 Nights|
TERMS & CONDITIONS – GÎTE RENTAL
Summary | for individual gîte pages
- The price for rental of each gîte includes bed linen and towels. The price excludes Taxe de Séjour, which is a tourist tax payable of 2.5% by guests per person per night for occupants aged 18 and over. This tax, plus a refundable security/damages deposit of 250 € must be paid before one week before your arrival, by BACS or PayPal (cheques are not accepted). You are required to leave the property tidy and in good order when you depart. The deposit will be held and returned to you within 14 days of the end of your holiday, subject to a satisfactory inspection of the property
- To reserve your gîte, please first check availability and price (either via the website, by email or phone). Then read the Terms & Conditions, complete the online booking form, and send it to us (by email or post), together with the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rental due) or full payment, if booked within 8 weeks of arrival. Direct transfer payments can be made to either our French or UK bank accounts in euros or Sterling equivalent. Alternatively, payment can be received through PayPal
- Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send you a confirmation email.
- The balance of the rent is payable no later than 8 weeks before the holiday booking commences or full payment, if booked within 8 weeks of arrival. If this is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to seek an alternative booking, and cancellation charges will be implemented
- Time of arrival is after 16.00 on Saturday (or another day by prior agreement). If you need to arrange a time before, please contact us in advance. Our check-out time is 11.00 on your day of departure, to enable us to prepare for our next guests
- If you require step-free access or have any other accessibility requirements, please get in touch. We will be happy to discuss how we can best accommodate you
- Pets and smoking are not permitted in our gîtes
- Please note that as we do live in a gorgeous rural setting, we currently have a limited phone signal. However, WIFI is available throughout the gardens
There are numerous places to visit in the surrounding area and with a network of footpaths stretching over 250km which can be explored on foot, on horseback or by bicycle.
The fortified medieval bastide town of Mirepoix is truly enchanting with its central square – the Place des Couverts – surrounded by medieval houses and covered walkways. There are numerous shops, restaurants, bars and cafes to while away a few hours. The gothic cathedral is classified as a Historic Monument and is well worth a visit.
Market day in Mirepoix is on a Monday and should not be missed.
Lac de Montbel
Lac de Montbel is a popular location for fishing, watersports and swimming and is located a few minutes drive away.
Nearby is the small but lovely village of Camon, a fortified village which has grown up around a Benedictine Abbey.
If you are feeling energetic you can visit Montsegur, a small village with its castle ruins set high on a rocky hilltop behind the village. The climb is also rewarded by some spectacular views.
The town of Foix has lots to offer, including the historic town and the castle which stands on a hill above the town. The best days to visit are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Friday when the town comes alive with its various markets.
To the north is the historic town of Carcassonne, one of the most interesting and impressive medieval towns in France. The medieval fortified Cite de Carcassonne is a World Heritage Site and attracts thousands of tourists. Once inside there is a maze of winding cobbled streets with a range of shops, boutiques and restaurants. A walk along the battlements surrounding the town provides wonderful views.
From churches, museums and art galleries to designer shops, bars and restaurants, Toulouse has much to offer and is a great place for a day out. "La Ville Rose" is also home to Airbus and the high-tech "Cité de l’Espace".
Beaches and resorts of the Mediterranean are just a 75-minute drive away. Head for Narbonne Plage or explore the many tiny fishing villages - such as the delightful Collioure - as you drive south along the coast towards Spain.
Ski in winter or walk all year round in the mountains. Our nearest ski resort - Mont d’Olmes - is about an hour away.
Getting to Montcabirol by car is easy. Located less than 20 mins from the A61 - the main road that connects Toulouse with Carcassonne and the Mediterranean coast. We’re situated just a short drive from Mirepoix.
Need a car?
Car hire locations can be found in Mirepoix, Pamiers, Foix, Carcassonne and Toulouse. All major car rentals are available.
Nearest airports are Carcassonne and Toulouse which are just 35 and 60 minutes drive away respectively. Combined, they are served by over 60 destinations right across Europe and beyond. Further afield, Beziers, Perpignan and Girona (northern Spain) airports are easily accessible and worth considering.
The nearest train station to Montcabirol is located at Pamiers which is served on the main Toulouse to Foix line.
Hameau de Montcabirol, Mirepoix 09500